Chief Economist; SAK Economics, LLC
Sam is chief economist at SAK Economics, LLC. He was chief economist at BNSF Railway from November 2002 to April 2018, retiring from BNSF in April 2018, after 30 years at the railroad. He is a certified business economist (CBE) with over 44 years of total work experience (19 years as chief economist). His current activities include consulting, keynote presentations and volunteering on boards. Sam has made presentations to the Federal Reserve Board, the Council of Economic Advisors and many rail shippers, suppliers and his clients.
Sam, who is an American citizen, was born in Ghana, West Africa.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, University of Cape Coast, Ghana
- Master’s degree in Economics, Texas Christian University, Fort Worth, TX, USA
- Former Chair and Board Member, Texas Christian University’s AddRan College of Liberal Arts Board of Visitors
- Member, National Association of Business Economics (NABE)
- Member, Dallas-Fort Worth Association of Business Economics (DABE)
- Member, Harvard Industrial Economists Group
- “Who’s Who, US Corporate Black Minorities,” Dollars & Sense Magazine, 1999
Sam, his wife Pia, and his two sons live in Southlake, Texas. He plays a “mean” blues guitar.